Wednesday, September 7, 2011

His Name will even be on the tongue of those who hate Him


As we move more in to the prophetic Words of Revelation I am going to point blank say, “I don’t know” in many cases; yet in others I will write some things that I am reminded of as I read.

Verse one of chapter four is immediately one of those, “I’m not sure but..”, verses.  I’m not sure, but it seems to me the indicator is that, for now, there is an open door in to Heaven. Jesus has offered Living Water with no charge and invites all to come and follow Him. Until He returns, that door is open. If you die without taking Him up on the offer of His free Gift; you will not have another chance. If He returns, and you are found to be unrepentant, and without faith in Him alone for salvation; you will not have another chance. However, until one of those two things happens, the Door is open:

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Revelation 4:3 And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald.

When I read this verse this morning I couldn’t help but think of the reason God created rainbows. We see stickers of rainbows on cars today and most of us know what that means in our society. But, do you know the REAL meaning of rainbows?

Most of us have heard and/or read the story of Noah’s Ark.  God created a rainbow as a promise that He will never again destroy the people of the earth with water:

Genesis 9:8-17 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him, 9 "Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark; it is for every beast of the earth. 11 I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth." 12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."17 God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth."

I don’t know what all the symbolism means, but I can’t help but think that the rainbow over Jesus throne has something to do with Living Waters?

John 4:10  Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water."

Revelation 7:17  For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

In Revelation chapter 4, verse 8 God gives us an amazing  picture of what is going on around the throne of Jesus:

Revelation 4:8  And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

It becomes even more amazing when you consider that Isaiah had the same vision:

Isaiah 6:2-3 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!"

Isn’t it also interesting to notice that most encounters with God begin in the same manner….falling down.  Falling down in fear, falling down in worship….whatever the case, there is a fear and a reverence that will put you on your face before Almighty God:

Revelation 4:9-10 And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship

Matthew 17:5-6 He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him." 6 When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were terrified.

Mar 5:21 And when Jesus had crossed again in the boat to the other side, a great crowd gathered about him, and he was beside the sea. 22 Then came one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name, and seeing him, he fell at his feet 23 and implored him earnestly, saying, "My little daughter is at the point of death. Come and lay your hands on her, so that she may be made well and live."

Mark 5:5-7 Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones. 6 And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him. 7 And crying out with a loud voice, he said, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me."

As we see in Mark 5:6, even demons tremble at His name and fall at His feet; how can we do any different. The lesson is clear; whether you hate Him or Love Him the result is the same; every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord….some now and forever as their King, and many through weeping and gnashing of teeth:

Romans 14:11 for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

Philippians 2:10-11 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isaiah 45:22-23 "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. 23 By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'

1 comment: